In this tutorial, we’re going to learn how to draw a location icon in Adobe XD.
The Steps (1-7)
1. Create a new document/artboard.
2. Select the Ellipse Tool, Left-click and hold Shift to draw a circle. Give the circle a fill colour of #DE503D, and deselect any borders.
3. Using the Selection Tool, Double-click on the circle to go inside the shape, to be able to edit each of the anchor points individually. Left-click on the bottom anchor point for the circle shape, and Drag downwards. This will be the ‘point’ on the location pin icon.
4. Double-click on the bottom anchor point to convert the curved lines either side to straight lines.
5. Next, select the Ellipse Tool, Left-click and hold Shift to draw a small circle. Give the circle a fill colour of white (#FFFFFF), and deselect any borders. Position this smaller circle inside the top half of the location pin shape, ensuring that any space to the left/right sides and above, is equal.
6. Hold Shift and Alt to either increase or decrease the size of the circle accordingly.
7. Once you are happy with your location pin icon, the last step in to Drag over both shapes to select everything, and in the Pathfinder options on the right, select Subtract. This will effectively ‘knockout’ the smaller white circle from the location pin shape, turning this into one complete and finished icon with a transparent background.
Read More at Draw a Location Pin Icon in Adobe XD
from Web Design Ledger http://webdesignledger.com/draw-location-pin-icon-adobe-xd/